Just me, my guy, our cats, & the other 18 million people in the LA area...

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Go Go Gryffindor!

Last night Jacob & I went to see the last Harry Potter movie & it was a bittersweet thing. It's difficult to say goodbye to characters I've spent so much time with between reading (& rereading) the books & watching (& re-watching) the movies. And with the exception of this movie, I always watch HP movies with my sister before watching with anyone else. Jacob, I love you, but you aren't my sister...

To give this momentous event the respect it deserved, I knew I had to dress up! I didn't go all out (like I did with Pirates of the Caribbean - check out my FB for a picture of that one), but I made myself a Gryffindor scarf! I don't know how to knit (or crochet...never can remember which is which) so I stuck with what I do know: sew! I bought some Dupioni silk & roughly followed this tutorial.

Please forgive the awful quality of this picture. My phone can only do so much in a dark theater.

The atmosphere in the theater was great. Everyone cheered as Mrs. Weasley called Bellatrix a ... & when she ... People giggled when Ron & Hermione ... And the theater applauded Neville as he ...

In hind sight, I should have used some of the extra fabric to make Jacob a Gryffindor tie! Alas, I did not. But maybe I can have one made by the weekend my mom & sister come visit...& we go see the movie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment