Just me, my guy, our cats, & the other 18 million people in the LA area...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cup quilt

I finally brought a few personal things in to work so my space would be a bit more homey. But this is something new!

My cups from lunch were leaving little sweat puddles on my desk & seeing as I always have a ton of paperwork all over...well you already know the point of a coaster!

I used some of the BITTY scraps I had left from making this quilt. After squaring up all the pieces from the quilt I ended up with some one-inch wide strips that I didn't know what to do with. Until I realized that I needed a coaster at work. And what better way to personalize my space than to make one myself!

Funny thing...the cleaning crew put my glass cat paperweight on the coaster after they cleaned one night. Kind of looks like a cat napping on a quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment