Just me, my guy, our cats, & the other 18 million people in the LA area...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

An Engaging Tale

Several months ago I went with Jake & Tiffany to meet their jeweler & to look at engagement rings. It didn't take long to find that perfect one. I left so excited! I couldn't wait to tell Jacob all about the experience & the ring. A few weeks later he & I went back. Thankfully, he loved the ring as much as I did!

I had no idea how long it would take before Jacob was actually able to buy the ring, but I had hoped that it wouldn't be long since he encouraged me to look. Not one for subtleties, I told him how much it would mean to me if he were able to have the ring when we went to Seattle so his dad could see it...but when he continuously left me alone in the room with our luggage I began to think he hadn't listened.

Also, I may have mentioned to Jacob how great it would be if he would propose before our friends (the Handkes) left from their vacation visiting us. But when our double date night with them came & was cancelled, then came & went I began again to think he hadn't listened...again.

So it was just another beautiful day in Southern California. We decided to take the Handkes to Manhattan Beach. I thought it would be great for Kenzie because the water is pretty shallow for a long ways. Apparently Jacob had different plans. We had a picnic lunch & then buried Kenzie in the sand (umpteen times - seriously, what kids likes to be buried in the sand like that?!). After a little while, the Handkes said they were going to get up to go look for shells & rocks so Jacob & I walked up to the water...







Jacob wanted to include Kenzie in the proposal (you can see her in the second picture) so she brought up the ring box & was supposed to say something along the lines of  "I found a rock for you" or "I found this for you" but trust an almost 3 year old to steal the scene. Instead, she handed me the box & said "This is for you. Open it! Open it!" She's too cute. So then Jacob got on one knee, said some amazingly sweet things (that I had to ask him to repeat later that night...I had been too excited & forgot it all...please tell me I'm not the only one to have done that), & asked me to marry him. And as you know, I said yes. Of course I said yes. And he'll be quick to add that he had to ask me more than once to get the yes because apparently I just told him that he didn't even have to ask. :)

I turned around & saw that not only the Handkes had been taking pictures but Jake & Tiffany were there, too. They also brought champagne ('Macaron' champagne because they know how much we love macarons) for us all!






After leaving the beach we had dinner in Manhattan Beach with Tiffany & Jake. We had a great meal, another bottle of champagne, & some wonderful dessert (a congratulatory present from our waitress).


We aren't exactly sure about any wedding details yet...other than the fact that he & I will be there! Right now we're just enjoying being engaged. But stay tuned for more in the lives of the future Mr. & Mrs. Jensen.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited for my sister and will be brother in law!

    ReplyDelete